Get to Know Chris Seelbach
Get to Know 2017 Endorsed Candidate ... Chris Seelbach
Name: Chris Seelbach
Office you’re seeking: Cincinnati City Council
Are you an incumbent? If so, how many years?: Yes - 5.5 years
Why are you running?
I’m running to:
- Create a city where more people want to live, work and raise a family;
- Create a city where all member, regardless of our differences, are not only respected, but valued as part of our diverse community; and
- Take on big issues like wealth disparity, our heroin epidemic and meaningful neighborhood development.
What are the most important issues on your campaign?
- Continue our momentum;
- Take on poverty by requiring any developer who wants a tax subsidy to pay their employees a minimum of $15/hour.
- Start over on our Metro bus system with one goal in mind: Connecting workers people from their house to their job efficiently and frequently.
- Invest in both in patient and out patient care for those struggling with heroin addiction.
- Fully fund a syringe exchange program.
- Pass policy and laws ensuring all people being attacked by Donald Trump and the far right are not only safe here, but valued as part of our diverse community.
Give us a fun fact about yourself.
In 2013, I won the Cincinnati version of “Dancing with the Stars.”
Who is your favorite president? Why?
Barack Obama. He was the first President to say my family deserved to be treated equally under the law.
What’s your favorite food on the campaign trail? Why?
Loaded nachos, although no meat (been a vegetarian since I was 5).
If you could be a superhero, who would you be? Why?
Wonder Woman. Because I’m a kick-ass feminist.
If you were a professional athlete what song would you choose to be your “walk out” song?
Born this Way.
What was your first paid job?
Serving “dip ‘n dots” at Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park.
How can young dems help in your race?
Join us going door-to-door, making a contribution (no matter the size), reach out to your network on social media.